If you are new to Lake County and have not yet discovered Lakeport, here’s some information on this friendly small town and the benefits of living on First Street.
Lakeport is a charming small town at 1350 feet, set among the mountains and located on the western edge of Clear Lake. Here you will be greeted with an old style friendly welcome and slower pace of life, with little traffic so that a tour around the Lake is yours to enjoy at a speed where you can appreciate the sheer beauty of this place.
Within a few minutes stroll of 455 First Street you have:
- Library Park for a pleasant stroll besides the lake and Friday night free music concerts during the summer season
- World class bass fishing on Clear Lake
- Boating and kayaking within four blocks and several free launch ramps into the lake
- Music and entertainment at Soper Reese theater
- Shopping on Main Street where small local stores offer a variety of merchandise such as antiques, jewelry, clothes, books and fresh flowers, and more.
Within half an hour’s drive you will find:
- Farmer’s markets
- Clear Lake State Park
- Nature trails
- Bird watching around the lake
- Swimming in crystal clear water at Blue Lakes Resort for a very low day use fee
- Cycling trails and the famous Konocti Challenge
- Wine tasting at the numerous award-winning wineries around the lake
- Live music at local pubs and Old time fiddlers at Ely Stage stop near Kelseyville
- Casinos for gambling, entertainment and great cuisine